Monday, March 22, 2010

Letter to Nancy Pelosi

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi
90 7th St., Suite 2-800
San Francisco, CA 94103

March 22, 2010

Dear Speaker Pelosi:

I'm sending you a check for $50. It's not much, given that government runs on trillions these days, but it's what I can afford. And I want to give it to you.

I have been so fed up with the Democratic Party lately that my impulse to write a check even for this amount surprises me. I have been routinely telling the phone solicitors from the DCCC that, given the way the Democratic Party has wussed out lately, I have been wishing a pox on both your houses.

I understand what you're up against. The Stupaks who make you believe you have to throw women under a bus, the Nelsons who make you believe you have to throw everybody but Nebraskans under a bus, the Republicans who make you believe you have to throw gays and everybody too poor to buy a congressman under a bus. It's a hard job standing up and doing the right thing.

But damned if you haven't gone and done it this time.

I am so proud of you. So proud to live in the San Francisco Bay Area and be able to say, Nancy Pelosi, she's from here!

So proud.

So proud.

Sincerely,


Alan J. McCornick

No comments: